Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Haircuts

Friday morning while in Guatemala City we made a stop by a local mall to get haircuts for the guys.  Cruz needed one bad, and I wanted to get Ben's hair trimmed over his ears.  David decided at the last minute to get his cut also.  Cruz ran right in and jumped on the moto that they have.  That left Ben to sit in the pink Barbie jeep.  He had fun and had no idea that it was a "girl chair".  I am sure we will have a lot of jokes about that one day.  Anyway, I was not really ready for Ben to get a real haircut.  I just wanted a little trim over the ears.  That didn't happen.  I ended up letting him trim it "just a little" all over and before long he had transformed from my baby into a little boy.  It is crazy how a haircut changes the way kids look!  I was a little sad, but he needed it. 

playing in the jeep before his haircut

All three of them were getting cuts at the same time.  That meant I was in charge of watching Cruz and trying to keep him still.  I was also having to hold a very wiggly Ben still and trying to take photos at the same time.  It was crazy. 

You can see the scratch on his lip.  Just before we left our mission house that morning he fell down two steps in his walker and scratched his lip, nose, and arm.  I am thankful that is all he scratched.  It could have been much worse.  It scared me terribly bad!!!


He would not be still for anything!  It was all I could do to hold him down and keep him from falling.


I finally ended up just holding him.  That helped, a little.

Ben's first haircut

Cruz getting his hair cut.  He knew the drill and did very good considering I could not be right by him to keep him still.  He is becoming such a big boy these days!



David getting a trim

My guys all groomed and ready to go.

We ate lunch at the Taco Bell in the food court before getting on the road to Panajachel.  We traveled there Friday afternoon to attend a weekend conference with several other missionary families.  I'll post about that next.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails