Thursday, January 24, 2013

Baby Shower

On Wednesday I hosted a baby shower for fellow missionaries James and Joy.  They are expecting their first child, a little boy, in just a few short weeks.  We met around noon for a covered dish luncheon. 
The cake and gift table

This was part of the decorations I used.  It was a cute owl pattern that we will keep and use for future baby showers in our area.

The cake 
I took one of the decorative napkins to a bakery in Chiquimula and they put the design on the cake.  It did not turn out exactly as I had expected but it was fine.  You will notice a little indention right in the center of the cake.  Let's just say that happened within less than five minutes of us unloading it from the car and me saying at least five times "Cruz, DO NOT touch the cake!"  Of course, he just had to stick his finger right in the center!!!

me and Joy, the mama-to-be

After our meal they opened gifts





Joy and James

We cannot wait to meet their little boy and add another little playmate to our Chiquimula mission family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails