Sunday, October 21, 2012

Nothing Like Home Cooking

On Friday night my two aunts cooked supper for us.  We gathered at my Aunt Carolyn's house to eat.  They wanted to cook us some vegetables and things we do not get to eat much of while in Guatemala.
Aunt Carolyn, Cruz, Ben, me, and Aunt Nita

They grilled pork chops, sausage, and chicken.  We also had lima beans, yellow squash, peas, corn, deviled eggs, fried okra, and corn bread.  For dessert we had a blueberry pound cake, German chocolate cake, and a sweet potato pie.  We ate until we could not eat anymore.  It was delicious! 


my first plate
  I got a couple of refills and even took a plate of food home.

My Uncle Alvin entertained Cruz so we could eat and visit.  He has an old  full size van that Cruz kept calling a bus.  He took Cruz "cruising" a few times in it down the country roads.  I am not sure which one of them had more fun.  I am glad our families love us and enjoy cooking for us while we are home.  We are always blessed with some good meals while we are here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails