Sunday, April 29, 2012

Celebrating Our Sweet Sixteen

On Friday we celebrated our sixteenth wedding anniversary!  It is hard to believe that sixteen years have passed since we said "I do".  It seems like just yesterday.   Our celebration this year was low key considering the fact that we have two kids now- one of those a newborn.  We had another missionary watch Cruz for us and we went on a lunch date to our favorite steak house in Guatemala City.  It is a place we like to go for special occasions.  It was very yummy!  We took Ben with us and he slept the whole time.  It was like we were there alone.  I am enjoying these days where we can take him anywhere and he just sleeps.  I know that they do not last for long, haha.  We spent the rest of our day just playing with our boys. 

I love to reminisce about anniversaries in the past, our wedding, and other special memories over the years.  It is fun to reflect on the past and then look forward to the future.  We are very thankful for how the Lord has blessed us over the past sixteen years, and we look forward to many more years to come.
our lunch date

In addition to eating out David also gave me two dozen roses.  I got one dozen pink, and one dozen white.  He knows that flowers always bring a smile to my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails