Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Life Lately

As I mentioned in my last post we spent the weekend in Guatemala City attending a Prayer Retreat with our IMB mission family.  It is always a refreshing time to be together.  In addition to worship and Bible study (led by a wonderful volunteer team from Irvine, CA) each family has a time to share about themselves, their family, and their work and then the other families gather around them and lift them up in prayer.  It is an encouraging time for everyone!  We also had a lot of fellowshp time and did a lot of eating and snacking.  I am usually in bed between nine and ten but found myself up until 1:30 a.m. one night just talking, laughing, and having a great time with a few other families.  We really enjoyed our weekend.  Believe it or not I did not take a single photo the whole time we were there.  I took my camera to a few sessions but never took it out of the case to take any pictures.  I cannot believe I did that. 

The retreat ended after lunch on Sunday so we made plans to visit with a sweet friend who was in country on a volunteer team.  They were also staying in Guatemala City.  We wanted to visit with her on Saturday night but our new President was being inaugurated that day and the zone where she was staying was closed off because he was speaking there.  Instead we met up with her on Sunday afternoon in Antigua where they were shopping.  We had a great visit with her while there.  We were able to eat supper at one of our favorite places in Antigua- Las Palmas.  I LOVE their eggplant parmesan.  It was oh.so.good!
Cruz and I with Ms. Shirley at the market in Antigua

Overall we were gone from home a week.  During that week we slept in four different places- Poptun, Chiquimula, Guatemala City, and Coban.   I was pretty tired by the time we returned home!

We'll spend the next two days with the Kekchi at the Peten Association's Annual Meeting here in Sayaxche.  We are looking forward to hearing the reports from the previous year and goals for the year ahead.  Please pray for these meetings.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails