Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Horsing Around

I have started collecting Cruz some handmade Guatemalan things when we travel around.  I write on the bottom of them where and when we bought them.  I hope one day he will look back and enjoy all of the things we pick up for him along the way.  One thing I love are some handpainted wooden animals that are common in most tourist markets.  They come in all shapes, sizes, and colors.  I had only bought him a small dog so far (at a time when he was really loving dogs).  On our recent trip to Lake Atitlan we picked him up another animal and this time he wanted a horse.  I should have known.  They had five different animals lined up and I let him grab the one he wanted.  He immediately chose the "horsey".  It is bigger than his dog and he has had a blast playing with it.  The tail comes off and I just hope he doesn't lose it.  Here are a few photos of him with his new horse-
Taking the tail off...

trying to put the tail back on.

What he loves most about this new horse is trying to ride it.  I am so afraid he is going to break it, but we let him play anyway.  That's what they make glue for, right. 

Here is a photo of his orange horse and green dog.  When he is not playing with them I keep them on his dresser.   In front is his name made into tiny wooden puzzles that we bought for him in Cozumel.  I think I am going to enjoy looking back one day at all the things we pick up for him too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails