Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Ready to Cruise

I think we are going to adopt the phrase "it takes a village to raise a child" haha.  That is how we feel on most outings these days.  Cruz is getting more and more curious and less and less wanting to sit still for any amount of time.  It is getting harder and harder to take him out to villages, church services, or anywhere.  I have been sad to see him grow up, but I must say we are both ready for him to start walking.  He is taking a few steps, and walks well while holding our hand, but hasn't mastered walking solo just yet.  We are ready for him to quit crawling around on dirty, nasty floors.  We are ready for his hands not to be quite so filthy when he puts them in his mouth.  We are just ready for him to walk.  I know it will be harder to keep up with him, but it seems like it might be a little easier while we are out working.  We'll see.

Back to the taking a village thing, we are so grateful when the locals offer to hold Cruz a few minutes during church, while we are visiting, and especially while we are eating.  Just a five minute break can make all the difference sometimes.  I don't think I could make it through a Sunday without them.  I am glad that he is so friendly and will go to anyone.  That makes it nice too. 

We had a lot of help this past weekend while in Poptun.  Most everyone took turns holding him and walking him around.  He loves the be with the locals!  The older boys seemed to like playing with him most of all.  On several occastions I found one of them playing with him on some form or transportation.  He got to sit on a bicycle, in a truck, climb on the hood of a truck, sit in a tuk tuk (taxi), and sit on a motocycle.  He was in little boy heaven.  Here are a few photos of him from the weekend-
This is a tuk tuk.  It is a very common type of taxi here in Guatemala.
I love this one.  It is as if he was looking at that little boy and saying, "does my mama know you are letting me do this" haha


These on the motorcycle were taken Sunday during the baptismal service.  Several older boys held Cruz so David could help with the service and I could take pictures.  They enjoyed entertaining him.
He is getting to be such a big boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails