Tuesday, August 10, 2010

I Think We're The Ones Getting Spoiled

Cruz continues to grow and change with each passing day.  He is getting more playful and starting to show some personality.  He is such a charmer and when he grins, we just melt!  He seems to have a "laid back" nature about him and is real easy going.  We hope he stays that way.  He is starting to laugh and loves making noises.  He coos and babbles all day.  He loves to interact with us and "talk" to us.  He is soo fun and we feel like he's our toy, lol.  We are having the time of our lives raising this little boy.  He has changed our lives in the best of ways and makes us see the world in a whole new light.  How did we go so long without him???
He is a GREAT sleeper.  We consider that to be a wonderful blessing.  For the past three nights he has gone to bed at his normal time of 8:00 p.m. and has slept until 5:00 a.m.  He is getting way more sleep than I am.  I am still waking up between 3-4 ready to feed him.  My body has yet to adjust to the longer hour.  I just lay in bed and listen to him sleep.  I cried the first night he slept that long because it made me realize, again, how quickly he is growing up.  One of my favorite times with him has been those middle of the night feedings.  In the stillness and quietness of the nights I have fed him and rocked him and it has has been so special to me.  I have used those quiet times to pray over my baby and ask the Lord to bless him and work in his life.  There have been a lot more tears shed during those nights and will be some of my favorite memories with him.  I am not ready for those moments to pass!

1 comment:

  1. I remember when Josh was that age... One night in the middle of the night after nursing him, I made him promise not to grow up, he smiled so I know he understood me then.. I look at him now 6'4 and 18 y/o.. I wonder what happened to that promise... Cherish EVERY moment even the bad ones, they are fleeting..Love y'all.... Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails