Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Week 29

I am 29 weeks today!
ABOUT THE BABY-
He's growing!  I had a check-up and sonogram today and he weighs 3 lbs. 4 ozs.  He's still a he!  I was having anxiety that they were going to tell me that he is a she after all of our showers and packing up.  His heartbeat was 148.  All of his measurements looked good, and he is measuring at 30 weeks.    Each time we hear his heartbeat or especially see him on a sonogram we are amazed with the miracle of babies and birth.  We already love him soo much and he is not even here yet.  Seeing him on the screen makes me soo anxious to see him in person.  We got a good glimpse of all of him.  He was moving his mouth a lot and even stuck out his tongue.  He opened and closed his eyes a lot too.  It was the coolest thing to see!!!  He kicks a lot and loves to get under my ribs.  It is quite painful and I do my best to make him move.  He moves most around meal times.  I think it is his way of telling me to feed him, haha.
HOW AM I FEELING?
I am well.  Spending the last few days at the beach just relaxing was very good for me.  I feel refreshed!  I have gained 7 more pounds since my last appointment for a total of 22 pounds.  I better lay off of the late night chocolate milk!! 

I go on Monday for my glucose screening.  I sure hope I pass that. 

We return to Guatemala next Wednesday.

At my February appointment I took photos with my nurse and doctor.  I forgot to post them so I added them today. 
Here is a picture with my doctor's nurse. She is always so nice and friendly.
This is me with Dr. Mills.  He has been such a blessing to us.  I have been VERY pleased with him and am very thankful that I chose him to be my doctor while in the States.  I was a little sad that today was the last time I will see him.  The best part of my whole experience with him was after my visit today, he took time to pray with us for our return to the field, for the delivery and baby, and for our ministry.  I almost cried.  It blessed our hearts!  He is just another blessing God has placed in our lives.

3 comments:

  1. It's such a small world. Seth and I went to church with your nurse! Her daughter was even my room-mate at Co-Lin. It made me happy to see that she was your nurse.
    And thanks for being a faithful reader of my blog. I am faithful to yours as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Regina and David and the little one, It is really neat your doctor took the time to pray for you as you return to the field.
    My prayers are with you also for safety as you travel and as you get relocated in Guatemala and back into life there. It sure will be different with the coming of your dear baby. God`s protection and love for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look SO great : ) Are you a missionary? I am visiting via SITS. I LOVE missionaries! Congratulations on your pregnancy. So exciting. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails