Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Week 12 with Sonogram Photos

We were finally able to get our sonogram photos scanned so that we could share them with you.  The first photo was taken on October 21, 2009 in Guatemala City.  I was 8 weeks pregnant.

These next few were taken on November 16, 2009.  I was almost 12 weeks.

The baby moved the whole time we were having the sonogram done.  It's legs never stopped kicking!  We were tickled to watch it being so active.  You can see it's leg hiked up in the photo below. 

This is a photo of it's hand waving hello to us.  :-)

It's the most amazing thing seeing your baby on that screen!!!  Words just can't describe that feeling!  We are soo honored to be having this child!

MORE ABOUT THE BABY-
Even though the baby's body is still growing quite rapidly, 2 inches long right now, the overall growth of the brain continues to leave the head proportionately larger than the body— and is actually slightly more than one third of the total body mass. The head and neck are still straightening at this point and can be seen by their little chin lifting off of the chest. The baby is also actively rehearsing “breathing” by using amniotic fluid to prepare the lungs for future air respiration. 


HOW AM I DOING?
My uterus is growing! By now, my relatively small uterus is stretched to the size of a softball.  It is slowly increasing at a rate of approximately one centimeter per week.  I'm thinking a few more weeks and I'll be shopping for new clothes.  I can't wait to start growing and showing!!!  Other than being tired, which I feel like is going to stay with me the whole time, I've felt pretty good this past week.  I credit a lot of that to time but I know much of it is due to your prayers!!  My foods of choice this past week were salads, cheese toast, and milk.  We are thrilled to be leaving the first trimester and entering the second phase of this pregnancy.  What a relief that is!  Keep praying- we only have 28 more weeks to go!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing the first glimpses of your sweet little one!! He/She is apparently excited to see you guys too;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, I always love sonogram pics. So sweet:) I can never tell what anything is other than the head, so yours were awesome. Wow! Whatta leg! And waving hello already? You have yourself a wee smarty in there!
    Take care and hope you have an excellent 2nd trimester:)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails