Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Week 11

I am 11 weeks today!  It is such a relief with each passing week to know that things are going well.  I just don't think that I'll be able to relax and not be anxious until I actually give birth.  I have been nervous to buy anything yet but could not resist buying a few seasonal outfits that I found on clearance this past week.  They were super cheap and I couldn't pass them up.  We can't wait for our little one to be photographed wearing these-

The Baby's Development
From this week until week 20, the baby will be growing rapidly — increasing in size from about 2 inches to about 8 inches from crown to rump. To accommodate all this growth, the blood vessels in the placenta are increasing in both size and number to provide the baby with more nutrients.  At this time the baby is about the size of a large lime.

Facial development continues as the ears move toward their final position on the sides of the head.  The baby's head accounts for about half of the body length.

Although the baby's reproductive organs are developing rapidly, the external genitals of boys and girls appear somewhat similar until the end of week 11. They will be clearly differentiated by week 14.  We don't think we will be able to find out the sex of the baby until our January appointment.  :-(


How Am I Feeling?
We had our first doctor's visit in the States on Monday.  All went well.  We heard the heartbeat and that made us very happy!  We will return next Monday, Nov. 16th for another sonogram.  At my appointment, my weight was the same, although I expect that to be changing soon.  I have not craved one specific food this week but have eaten a variety of different foods.  Some of the things I have enjoyed the most have been a plate lunch from Starks, fried catfish, fried oysters, salad, stuffed mushrooms, and Sonic hamburgers.  Yeah, my weight will soon be going up, HA.  I usually have to eat a late night snack before going to bed so that I can make it all night without getting hungry.  The foods I most like at that time are instant grits, instant oatmeal, or toaster strudel's.  I still stay tired most all of the time but am hoping that in a few weeks I'll start  feeling better.  We are anxious to get through this first trimester, just one more week to go!!  Please continue to keep us in your prayers. 

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to get caught up visiting everyone who came to see me last week on my SITS day. Sorry it took me so long!

    Anyway, congratulations on your baby. Wonderful to hear that everything is going well!

    And I just think the missionary work you are doing is so amazing and must be incredibly rewarding.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails