Wednesday, September 23, 2009

"Looking Back" #6 Learning to Cook Like the Locals

One of my favorite things I did while living in Antigua and studying Spanish was taking a few cooking classes to learn to cook some of the local foods. The school was fairly new then but I noticed on their website that they are still offering the same menus although the class prices have increased quite a bit in the past 2 years!
I am roasting some pumpkins seeds here for one of the dishes we were making
My first tortilla
After you cook the dishes, you get to sit down and enjoy them. This was my first class.
I took two classes during my six months there. Both were fun and entertaining!
This is the owner/ teacher. She is a sweetheart (and a great cook).
My second class before we ate our meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails