Sunday, May 10, 2009

Dad's visit- Day 3

We have had a great day! Miss Fran came this morning and went to church with us. We attended the K'ekchi' Baptist church in Coban, Belen. We were able to see a 12 year old boy make a profession of faith. How exciting! After church we came back to our place and I cooked a big lunch for everyone. We had a great worship service, a great meal, and some great fellowship. The only regret is that I did not take a single photo with Miss Fran!!! I know you find it hard to believe that I missed a photo op, and I had every intention of getting a group photo, but she got away before I could get to it. I have been bummed about it the rest of the day! ha
After lunch we went uptown and spent a while walking around and seeing the sights. My dad loved looking at all the street vendors and especially enjoyed looking at all the fresh produce that they sold on the streets.


He could not believe how large some vegetables grow here. This is probably the biggest carrot I have seen yet.

I couldn't resist introducing him to my flower ladies. They sell fresh cut flowers everyday outside of our post office. I am a regular customer!! I love having fresh flowers in the house.

We came home and spent a while sitting outside enjoying the nice day.

He loves all the coffee plants and flowers that are on the property.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails