Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Lin po'ot ut li cuuk (my blouse and my skirt)

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience. Colossians 3:12
I was soo excited today when the lady delivered my K'ekchi' skirt. It is very pretty. A typical K'ekchi' skirt is made from 8 yards of fabric. Yes, 8 yards!!! That is a lot of fabric. Most of their fabric is only sold in pre-cut 8 yard pieces. That is why in an earlier post I said that their skirts were very hot and heavy. You can imagine with 8 yards wrapped around you just how heavy and hot that can be.
Their blouses are also one size fits all. Their type of dress does nothing for your figure. It appears to add about 20 pounds to you. Below is a photo of me putting it on. It has a draw string that allows you to gather is up, you wrap it around your waist (several times), and tie it off.

It gathers up and pleats really pretty.

Here is a photo with our sewing lady who made it for me. She is a very sweet lady and just happens to live a few doors down. It is very nice to have her so close when we have needed her. She does all of our alterations and fixing things and even made the curtains in our apartment.

3 comments:

  1. Hey...I think that skirt would fit me just right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, where did you get that picture hanging on your wall in the background?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails