Wednesday, September 1, 2021

Life Lately August 2021

We returned home from our trip to Montana on Friday, August 6 and then started back to school on Monday, August 9.  School is keeping us very busy these days!  Here is a look at what else we have been up to lately.

Ben got braces on his upper teeth early in the month.  He needed them to move some teeth to make room for his permanent teeth.  They are short term and he should only have to wear them for a few months.  He will most likely get them again in a few years once all of his permanent teeth are in.

We have been playing a lot of card games lately.  A new one we tried was Phase 10 Twist. 

We had a meal recently with our friends, the Browns. She served two of my favorite things- ham and cheese Hawaiian roll sliders and Rotel cheese dip.  For dessert, they served this caramel cake from Primos Cafe.  They know it is my current favorite cake.  It is so delicious!!!  The best part was they sent me home with all the leftovers.  I enjoyed every bite.

David preached two Sunday services during August.
 
me and the boys visiting my mom

We attended a Jackson Academy football game on a recent Friday night.  The Brown's daughter is in the band. We were excited about getting to see her perform.  Malinda bought the boys these t-shirts and face tattoos to wear to the game.

the boys with Sara Madalin

after the game

Malinda had a birthday in August and I enjoyed getting to celebrate with her in person this year.  She likes to tease me about my breakfast pancakes so I surprised her with a pancake supper.  I am thankful for her friendship and the times we are getting to visit together while we are home.

The past week has brought us sickness and a hurricane.  Thankfully we are getting over both.  I took this sunset photo over the weekend before the storm passed through.

David and the boys "camped out" in the living room floor this past weekend. They thought it was a lot of fun.

The boys playing cards on Sunday while we watched the weather updates.

I am excited for the new month.  September means the start of fall.  It is my favorite time of the year and I am thrilled to be home this year to experience it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails