Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Cruz Turns 10!

Well, in spite of me being in denial and not wanting it to happen, Cruz turned 10 years old last week!  Even writing this post has been hard for me to sit down and do.  It definitely feels like we have reached a new milestone in parenting.  We mourn the years that have passed and are bracing for the next few years to come.  So much about him will start to change.  I am sad but excited for him all at the same time.  I am also praying regularly that God would give me what I need to parent him well through this next stage of life.

Here is a look at how we celebrated him this year.

his birth announcement

The day he was born will always be one of my favorite days ever.

He had been planning his 10th birthday for a while.  Sadly, due to the corona virus,  we were not able to pull off any of his plans.  He was bummed but handled it very well.  When choosing a theme he made it very easy for me.  When the Browders visited last November they brought some emoji birthday decorations.  Mrs. Carol always brings me the best random stuff!  Cruz knew I had it and said he would use that so I would not have to go out and find anything.  He has such a kind heart!

decorating on his birthday eve

I could not find a #1 and #0 in the same color so we had one of each.  It only bugged me.  lol

sleeping on his birthday eve
He went to bed VERY excited about turning 10!  It was hard for me to be sad seeing his joy.

His door sign that also included lots of balloons.

his birthday cake

Cruz on his birthday morning



Like Ben's birthday this year, his only gift was a bag of treats and some birthday money to shop with later.

some of his favorite things


birthday breakfast pancakes





 
For lunch he wanted McDonald's so we had it delivered.


He loved his cake!











Oh how we love him!!!

The whole day was spent at home.  We did Nerf wars, hide and seek, played a lot of games and cards, watched movies, splashed in their inflatable pool, and built with Lego bricks.  One of his favorite foods is black bean nachos so that is what I made for supper.  It was a simple day but he had a lot of fun.
We ended the night playing several more rounds of Monopoly Deal.  It is our current favorite game.

Cruz's birthdays over the years-


Our family celebrating him over the years-


Ten years have gone by fast!  Everyone said it would.  It has been a wild ride so far but I'm buckling up for the next leg.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails