Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Last Day of School 4th and 2nd Grade

Last Friday we finished up our school year with a fun day of celebration.  Overall it had been a good school year.  We learned a lot, grew a lot, and hopefully gained a greater love for learning. 

Here is a look back at our first day of the school year.  The boys have really grown over the past several months.

And here is a look at our last day of school-

our kitchen decorations






Do you think we are excited about summer break??

me and my boys

Apart from them calling me mom, my next favorite thing is them calling me teacher.  It is the hardest job I have ever done but it is also the most rewarding.

Ready for 3rd grade

Ready for 5th grade 
yikes!!!

breakfast pancakes

Cruz asked for initials

Ben had a double celebration because he had pulled a tooth the night before.  My boys are definitely growing up fast.

After breakfast I sent them on a scavenger hunt to find a few last day of school treats.  We love doing scavenger hunts around here.

Yay for treats!!!

Here is Ben with all of his 2nd grade readers.  His favorite reader was Amelia Bedelia and his favorite State to learn about was California. 

Ben's last day of school questionnaire.

Ben's handwriting sample and a self portrait.

Ben's math certificate and Sonlight certificate.

These are the chapter books Cruz read for 4th grade.  His favorite was Henry and Ribsy.  He loves all of the books in that series.  His other favorites were The Toothpaste Millionaire and Frindle.


Cruz's last day of school questionnaire. 

Cruz's handwriting sample and self portrait.   

Cruz's math certificate and Sonlight certificate.

As a surprise treat we decided to get them out of the house for lunch.

We drove to McDonald's and went through the drive through.  We then had a picnic in the car.  They said it was the best tasting McDonald's they had ever had.  They also said they loved having a picnic in the car and wanted to do that more often.

I picked up this plant for my bedroom.  It was my teacher appreciation gift.

Several businesses had gotten permission that week to open back up as long as customers could drive up and walk in.  We took the boys for a much needed haircut.  They love getting haircuts so this thrilled their hearts. 

Cruz needed one the most.

If you scroll back up and see Cruz's hair before you will agree that it now looks SO much better!  He loves them to style his bangs with gel and make them stick up.

There was a Sarita's ice cream shop next door so we grabbed some ice cream and ate it in the car on the drive home. It was so good to get out and feel a little normal again.

new haircuts to kick off our summer break

It was Friday so that meant our normal Friday movie night.  I made pizza, popped pop corn, and I made this chocolate chip cookie cake for our dessert.  It was my first time to bake one but it will not be my last.  We all loved it!

It was a sweet way to end a great day!

This week I am finalizing all of their paperwork and getting everything organized.  They are also doing online math and reading assessments to make sure they are where they need to be.  I am researching curriculum and already making plans for the next school year. Once I am finished with all of that I will probably sit down and have a long (much needed) coffee break. 

Ben getting ready to take a reading assessment test.  We do the ADAM and DORA from Let's Go Learn.

Lastly, they are excited to start their summer reading challenge.  I plan to keep them reading all summer long.  So far, we are off to a good start. 

We have now finished our fifth year of homeschool.  Who knew we would have made it this far!  Hooray for another great year of learning!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails