Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Children's Day 2019

In Guatemala they celebrate Día del niño on October 1.  It is a big celebration day honoring the kids.  They have parties, activities, cakes, piñatas, gifts, and games. It is a lot of fun and the kids all look forward to it.

David was out of town with a team and it rained most of the day.  Because of that we had a simple celebration. Here is how we spent the day.

Dunkin Donuts advertised several cute donuts for the day.  We went and picked up a few the night before to have for breakfast.  We love donuts!!!

Cruz with his Spiderman donut.  They also requested bananas with yogurt.

We had a full morning of school and then went out for lunch at Pollo Campero.  They wanted to eat at the Sunset Terrace but it is currently closed and moving to a new location.  Bummer! Ninja Turtle themed kid's meals at Pollo Campero was just as fun though.  

I have made a cake like this on Children's Day for several years now.  We might change up the flavor and M&M colors but the overall idea is still the same.  The boys will ask me when the day gets close "are you going to make that smiley face cake this year?"  I always do and they love it.  This year we had lemon cake with lemon icing.  Yummy!

 The boys with our cake.  We had already cut it before I remembered to take their picture.

  My sweet boys on Children's Day.

The following day they had a party at their karate class.  After class they got to enjoy cake, games, candy, and a piñata.  Here they are grabbing more candy from the piñata.  How do you break a piñata at karate class?  You put on boxing gloves and take turns punching it until it breaks.  It was so much fun for the kids!!!  I was laughing so much I did not even think to get a picture.  My boys will always remember that.  
 
karate class celebrating Children's Day

It was a fun time of celebrating two of my greatest blessings.  I am so glad that God allowed me to have children.  Days like this remind me of just how much joy kids can bring.

1 comment:

  1. Lemon cake and lemon icing - you are after my heart! My favorite! What a lovely tradition!!! Hugs Annster's Domain

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails