Monday, November 26, 2018

Thanksgiving 2018

We began our holiday on Thanksgiving eve by watching A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving.  It is one of my favorites.  In addition to that I did most of my cooking for the next day.

Our Thanksgiving morning began with a fun turkey themed breakfast.

 I made these using Eggo waffles, fruit, nutella, and marshmallows.



We had lunch at our mission house in Guatemala City.  We enjoyed a delicious meal and then everyone gathered around for a time of hymn singing, sharing, and devotion.  It is my favorite part of our Thanksgiving gatherings in Guatemala.




it was fun sharing the holiday with these missionary families

Late afternoon/evening while still in Guatemala City we headed out for a little shopping.  I have a long list of household things I am looking for but in addition to that we visited a few places to let the boys give us an idea of things they would like for Christmas.   Everyone has their decorations out and it is so beautiful everywhere you go.

clowning around at the mall

 
We drove back home that night and loved getting to sleep in our own beds.  It was our first time ever in Guatemala to be able to drive to the Thanksgiving gathering and return in the same day.  In the past we have lived too far away to do that.  I am already loving being closer to the City.

It looks like we will be hosting the Christmas party this year at our house.   That will be another first.  I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails