Monday, May 28, 2018

Ben's Kindergarten Graduation

Last week Ben completed kindergarten.  Just as we had done for Cruz when he finished K5 we had a small family graduation service for him.  I had saved the cap and gown we had someone make for Cruz.  I had specifically wanted both boys to be able to wear it.   Even though it was a little big for Ben he was still very excited about putting it on. 

Before our service we went outside to take a few photos.  Here is Ben ready to graduate kindergarten.



 
my favorite


silly boy
Here is a comparison of both boys on their kindergarten graduation day.   Am I really about to have a 1st and 3rd grader in the fall?  I find that very hard to believe!

That evening we did a program.  We began by marching in with the flags, saying the pledges, and singing a patriotic song.  Afterwards David gave a devotion.  We then each took turns saying words of affirmation and encouragement to Ben.  At the end we all took turns praying over him.  It was a sweet family moment and a time that I hope he will remember.  To wrap up the evening I presented him with his certificate and we gave him a Bible.  Inside I had marked all of the verses that he has memorized this past school year and I will continue to mark them in the years to come.  We had done the same thing for Cruz when he graduated kindergarten.  By the time they graduate I hope it will be something very precious to them.

Here is a video and some photos from the evening.

the boys marching in, saying the pledges, and singing The Star Spangled Banner


We sat Ben on a stool in the middle of the floor while we all shared with him.

presenting Ben with his kindergarten graduation certificate

I was most proud of him for learning to read this year.  Teaching someone to read is not an easy thing to do.  It requires much patience!  Having taught both of my boys that skill will probably always be one of my favorite accomplishments.

receiving his new Bible

Do you think he loved it?  He hugged it tight and thanked us over and over.

He flipped all through the pages and was just tickled as he could be.  Seeing his joy over a new Bible was one of my favorite moments of the night.




a family photo on Ben's graduation night


And just like that all traces of little boy are about gone.  My boys are growing up too fast.  It grieves my heart but at the same time I am so happy and proud to watch them grow.  I love getting to be their teacher and getting to experience life with them every day.  I will cherish these years forever.  They really are too short.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails