Thursday, December 7, 2017

Thanksgiving 2017

We spent all of Thanksgiving week doing school.  We had been out of town the week before and were going to be out of town the week after so we had to squeeze a week of school in the middle.  That meant we even did a little bit of school on Thanksgiving morning.  Gasp!  I know, but you do what you have to do in order to stay on track.

We had Thanksgiving lunch at David's grandmother's house.  That morning before driving there I enjoyed getting to watch a little of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  It is my favorite thing to do on Thanksgiving Day.   We also took a family photo.

our family on Thanksgiving Day 2017

 Here is the boy's breakfast I made them that morning.   

We spent the whole afternoon visiting with family.  Late that evening a few of us went to Wal-Mart to check out the Black Friday sales.  I was able to pick up a few things for the boys that I had seen in the sales paper.  I picked up a cute item for myself too-

 I love this!

I did not take any other photos the whole day.  I wish I had taken more with family but I didn't.  How did I let that happen?

On Friday night we had Thanksgiving supper with my mom's family.  We had a fun night of eating and laughing as we reminisced about times past.  We watched Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas and introduced that to the boys.  It was a fun night.

 me, my mom, and her two sisters

My mom brought the boys a few early Christmas presents to open.  She wanted them to have some extra time to enjoy them before we return to Guatemala.  As you can see from their faces they loved it.



Their favorite thing was a dream tent.  I plan to redecorate the boys bedroom in Guatemala once we return.  They are getting new bedding for Christmas in a dinosaur theme they picked out.  My mom found these cool tents with dinosaurs on them and they will go perfect in their new bedroom.  For now they are covering their beds at the mission house where we are staying.  They love them!

Christmas Elves

We are thankful to be home this year for the holidays.  We are making a lot of great memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails