Tuesday, August 29, 2017

A Recap of the Week

We kicked off last week with a supper at the Mexican restaurant in Crystal Springs.  I made plans with our friends, the Browns, as if it was just another night to visit.  What I really had in mind was celebrating Malinda's birthday a few days early.  I surprised her with a balloon and a gift and had the waiters come out and sing to her.  It was fun and I hope it made her feel loved.  They are dear friends of ours and even though I couldn't celebrate with her on her original day I was glad to be home this year to help make her birthday special.

me and my friend Malinda

After supper we drove around the block to have dessert at the Dairy Freeze.  The Dairy Freeze is a local ice cream shop in David's hometown that has been open for many, many years.  We always enjoy getting to stop there on our visits home.  We especially enjoy taking the boys so that they will have childhood memories of it just like we do.  If you ever pass through Crystal Springs, MS you must make a stop by the Dairy Freeze.  You will be glad you did.



On Tuesday afternoon I gathered all of my school resources, loaded the boys in the car, and drove over to a local park.  They enjoyed passing time on the playground and splash pad while I sat under a pavilion and wrote out lesson plans for the upcoming week.



prepping for homeschool week 4

I finally got around to working on a new prayer card.  We will be giving this one out at our speaking engagements this fall.

Ben and Cruz ready for supper at Burger King before church last Wednesday night.  After our meal we attended prayer service at Central Baptist in Brookhaven.

On Thursday afternoon we drove to First Baptist Jackson to help kick off their bi-annual Little Feet Children's Consignment Sale.  My friend Malinda helps organize that each year and she had invited me to share about our work in Guatemala with the consignors.   The fall sales go to help international missions.  Part of that will go directly to the IMB which supports us.  I was honored to get to share and see first hard all the hard work that goes into the sales.  They do a great job and help so many great causes both locally and around the world each year.




look at all that stuff!

This photo was taken not long after the sale started.  You see the projector screen overhead saying they had raised $4,496 so far.  By the time the sale ended on Saturday they had raised over $70,000! How awesome is that?

We were able to pick up a few things.  One of those was this military set.  It was two bags full of tanks, helicopters, trucks, army men, buildings and much more.  It was a great bargain find for the boys.

We are still not back in the mission house and do not have any idea of when we might be able to return.  Our laundry was starting to pile up so on Friday morning David took a few loads to the local laundromat to wash.  It was such a blessing for him to do that.  He not only washed and dried them but he folded every piece and brought them back home all nice and neat.  He is a true helpmate.

On Saturday morning David took the boys to visit his mom in Crystal Springs and my mom drove down to spend the day with me.  We did a little shopping and she treated me to lunch at Porches in Brookhaven.  I always enjoy our mother/ daughter time.  We have a lot of fun together.

On Saturday evening we drove to Lake Lincoln to attend a homeschool fellowship meet and greet/ family picnic.  I am excited to be able to join a group in this area and get to participate in field trips and fellowship times during the fall semester while we are home.  They have a lot of fun events coming up that I know our family will enjoy.  We had a fun evening there and met some great families.  I look forward to getting to know them more in the weeks ahead.

We arrived a little early so the boys could spend some time playing before the meeting began.








On Sunday morning we attended worship at Harmony Baptist in Crystal Springs.  It is our home church.  Afterwards we had lunch with my dad at Starks in Hazlehurst.  The plate lunch there is one of my favorite things to eat when we are home.

We were back at Central Baptist in Brookhaven on Sunday night.  Last Sunday night we had watched the film The Case For Christ there.  This Sunday night they began a four week follow-up Bible study.   We enjoyed getting to sit in on the co-ed class and participate in the discussions.  Afterwards our class had a hot dog and ice cream fellowship.  That was fun.

While we sat around and talked the boys entertained themselves with a puppet show.  There were a lot of giggles coming from behind that curtain.

It was another fun week.  I wish they were not passing by as quickly as it feels like they are.  We are staying busy but in so many little ways are getting refreshed along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails