Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Letters O and P

In spite of being sick last week we still managed to get a little school done.  Most of it we did towards the end of the week.  Me being sick was hard on myself but it was also hard on my boys.  They got very restless and bored.  I think they missed all of the morning stimulation they usually get each week during school time.  We only did language and math.  I already had all of my lessons planned and ready to go so it made doing a craft here or there very quick and easy.  Here is a look at some of the things we did for letters O and P-

Our first O theme was octopus.  Almost every day of school we study an animal that begins with the letter of the week.  We read about them and watch you tube videos about them.  My boys have learned a lot of animal facts so far this school year. 

octopus pancakes

octopus snack

O is for Ostrich and Octopus

O is for Owl

things that begin with O and P

P is for Pig

a pig themed lunch

They colored a letter P pink and purple and then glued popcorn kernels on it

P is for popcorn

P is for penguin

P is for Pirate

Ben painting a pumpkin

P is for Pumpkin which lined up perfectly for Halloween week.
We read our book "It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown" and learned the rhyme "Peter Peter Pumpkin Eater".  

The best part of the week was that we did most of our work in our pajamas and some of it while laying in my bed.  Pajamas is a letter P word that I like, ha.

In math we continued memorizing the colors of each number block.  We use fun names like "three little pigs" for the pink three, "sevenilla" for the vanilla seven, "chocoeight" for the brown eight" etc.   We also began addition. 


Cruz lining up his unit bars

It was a light week but we still got a lot of learning in.  I am glad that for now my boys love school and think learning is fun.  I hope they will keep that attitude for many years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails