Friday, October 10, 2014

Friday

Overall it's been a pretty quiet week around here. Most of our time has been spent preparing for the weeks ahead. The remainder of the month is going to be pretty busy so a few quiet days have been nice.  Here are a few photos I have taken this week-

Cruz ran up to me one evening and said "Look mama!  I drew Lightning McQueen!".  He did pretty good, huh.  He's a HUGE fan of anything "Cars". 

Here's a meal I cooked for lunch one day this week.  We love these grilled chicken tenderloins wrapped in bacon and rolled in brown sugar.  YUMMILICIOUS!  I added some homemade mac 'n cheese and a carrot souffle.  It was a great meal. 

Ben is often the guinea pig for Cruz's ideas.  Here he is covered in clothespins.  Why?  who knows! But he sat real still and let his brother cover him in them. 

I did my grocery shopping this week.  I have my meals planned out for the next two weeks and bought accordingly.  I love having a menu plan.  It definitely helps keep me sane!  While shopping I spotted a few pie pumpkins.  I have been anxiously waiting to see if we would get a few in our area this year.  What excited me most about these is the fact that I can continue my fall photo tradition of taking a picture of my kids with a pumpkin.  Yes, I'm missing a trip to the pumpkin patch badly.  I understand that is trivial and maybe even a little silly to most, but, to me pictures are important so I was very thankful to find these little gems.  Pictures will come soon and then maybe some pumpkin bread, pancakes, or a pie will be a nice treat we'll enjoy later this month.  It's the little things y'all!

One afternoon this week I spotted the boys outside playing.  They had taken one of my blankets out and spread it on the ground.  They were pretending to have a picnic/ camp fire.  I gasped at the thought of my blanket getting dirty (yes, I'm that type) so I swapped them out with a tarp.  They didn't mind one bit.  Cruz asked for marshmallows to "roast" so I gave them a bag of marshmallows and two forks and they "roasted" them over their fire (an empty baby wipes box).  I can't say enough about how much I love kids imaginations.   These are some fun days!

David spent Wednesday up in the mountains doing some prep work for a group we have coming over today.  That meant Ben and I had to take a tuk tuk to pick Cruz up from school.  He squealed when we got there to get him and I told him how we were riding home.  My boys LOVE riding in tuk tuk's!

The older kids were practicing for a school program they will be doing next Friday.  We hung out a bit to watch them practice their routine.  It is for their P.E. class.  I was impressed and took a few videos to share with you.  



Today is School Picture Day for Cruz.  I took this photo this morning before he left.  He only has two more weeks left in the school year before they take their "summer break".   He will then be out until January.  He is going to miss it, a lot. 

And of course Ben insisted that I take his picture also.  Anything Cruz does Ben has to do it too- always. 

Here's David and the boys watching cartoons this morning before Cruz left for school.

I've been busy in the kitchen.  I baked four loaves of Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread for some company that is on the way here from Guatemala City.  Today we are partnering with an IMB missionary/ seminary professor from Guatemala City, a man from Southwestern Seminary in the States, and a pastor from Guatemala City to do a food distribution/ outreach in the village of Tunuco Arriba.  We are excited about working with each of these and are praying that God will use this project to help build relationships with the locals there.  I'll share all the details about it next week.  In the meantime, would you pray for this project?  Pray specifically for traveling safety on the mountain roads.   This is the most remote village we are currently traveling to and the roads to get there are in terrible shape! 

We plan to make a visit to the village of Churischan tomorrow and will be doing Bible study in the village of Nearar on Sunday.  It should be a fun weekend around here.  Hope yours is a fun one too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails