Thursday, May 29, 2014

Celebrating Cruz's 4th Birthday

On May 26 Cruz turned 4 years old.   As I mentioned in a previous post I like to do birthdays like Christmas mornings.  When the boys go to bed I decorate and set out all of their gifts.  Cruz was super excited when I tucked him in on his birthday eve.  
This is what was waiting for him when he woke up on his birthday morning

Happy Birthday, Cruz!

opening gifts from us

he loved his new Batman costume

For breakfast I made banana pancakes and shaped Cruz's into the number 4.

Ben and Cruz on Cruz's birthday morning

I had bought us all Batman shirts to wear on his birthday.  Here is our family picture we took that morning before we headed to his party.

We had his party at Memaw's house.  We set everything up on the screen porch.

Cruz's Batman birthday cake

brothers

I bought David this mask to wear at the party.  The boys loved it. 



opening gifts from David's family




The one thing he has asked for the most was a robot.  He got one and loved it!

celebrating Cruz's 4th birthday with David's family

a few of his gifts

Blowing out his candle

His birthday fell on Memorial Day so our meal consisted of ribs, chicken, sausage, baked beans, and potato salad.  It was delicious!  After eating and nap time we spent the rest of the afternoon in the pool. 




We then hung the pinata-






We ate leftovers for supper before returning home but before we left, Memaw had one more gift for Cruz.
Look at that smile!   He loved it.

It had been a really fun day and combined with the day before I'd say he had a pretty good birthday.  When I asked what he liked best he said "everything!"  Amen to that.  I did too!  

He's already told me that next year he wants a Power Ranger party and told me a few gifts he wants to receive.  That boy is a mess!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails