Friday, February 7, 2014

Fever And A Few More Flakes

It's been a pretty low key week around our house.  Cruz started running fever on Monday night and ended up missing two days of school.  His only symptom was fever.  We took him to the doctor on Wednesday and he has an ear infection (even though he told me numerous times that his ears and throat did not hurt him).  He is on antibiotics and getting better.  I still took a few pictures though (as if you doubted that) and here are a few from our week-
 
My missionary friend Glynis sent me the next few photos earlier in the week.  The school year in Guatemala started in January.   She was in our area recently and saw these banners around town with my sweet Cruz's picture on them.  The school was advertising for the new school year and used a photo of Cruz dressed as Tecun Uman on their banners.  I loved it and it made me laugh out loud.  We are missing his school family and friends.  He still asks about them regularly.
 



On Monday night I went back to my Pampered Chef roots and made a dish that I used to bake all the time when I sold Pampered Chef (yes, I used to be a Pampered Chef consultant and LOVED it).  It's called Chicken Holiday Wreath.    I left out the onion and water chestnuts and reduced the recipe to only use one can of crescent rolls.  It's delicious.  Give it a try!

In spite of being sick Cruz was just as active as ever.  If you didn't feel his warm forehead you'd never know he was ill.  We spent our days watching movies and playing.  One of the movies we watched was "Dennis the Menace Strikes Again".   It is one of Cruz's all time favorites.  He loves the part where Mr. Wilson and Grandpa have a dance-off.  Here he is dancing along with them-


Here is Cruz after he got home from the doctor on Wednesday.  They gave him two large stickers (which he loved but he was really wanting a sucker, ha).  He put them on his arms like he was a superhero.
He might not be a "future rock star" (like his shirt says) but that boy has a bright future- I just know it!

We had to wait a while to pick up his medicine so we all got back out to go get it.  We ended up stopping by the Waffle House for supper on the way home. 

I love having breakfast foods for supper and you can't beat a waffle from the Waffle House. YUM!
 
While we were eating we noticed this sign posted on the wall.  It did make us laugh out loud!  We are big fans of the Waffle House but it is not a place that comes to mind when I think of Valentine's Day. 
It is a fun idea though and who knows, we might just end up there after all.   David would love it.
 
Cruz went back to preschool on Thursday and while he was gone my mom and Aunt Nita came down to see us.  My mom is off work on Thursday's and it is becoming a weekly day to get together.  Of course, it is also becoming a weekly day to go to Porches together.  I'm not complaining.

Mimi and Ben

my mom, me, and Aunt Nita at Porches
We all had the Shrimp and Fried Eggplant Croistini.  It is one of the recipes in the Porches cookbook "Pineapple Days & Bread Pudding Nights" that I also received that day as an early birthday present.  I got Mrs. Celia to sign it for me and I'll be taking it back home to Guatemala.  It will certainly be another one of those things that gives me that warm fuzzy home feeling when I look at it.
 
We got back to my house in time to help David feed the boys lunch and get them down for naps.  Once they were down us girls headed out to Wal-Mart to do some shopping.  Just before we left it began to snow- again!  That is three weeks in a row we have had some snow flakes.  I am so over this cold winter weather but I can't get enough of the beautiful snow.  It just makes me happy! 

me and my Aunt Nita enjoying the snowfall
It was snowing pretty hard when we went into Wal-Mart and less than two hours later when we came out the sky was blue and the sun was shining bright.  This Mississippi weather is crazy- just crazy!!!

We have a pretty fun, busy weekend ahead.  We'll start off with a visit to a local circus.  If you follow us much then you'll know that my little family is crazy about a circus.  We just love it.  I'll leave you with this last photo that is proof that we've been to maybe one too many.  Here is Cruz last night walking around pretending to be a cotton candy vendor.  He was calling out all the colors he was selling and even offering samples.  He's a hoot!

Cruz loves a lot of different things but circuses are definitely top on his list.  He's super excited!
 
We are also excited about the opening ceremony of the Olympics tonight.  Are you watching? That's another thing we love to do.  Have a great weekend everyone!  Stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails