Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Baby Dedication

I will have to admit that I was sad when I realized that we would not be home to take part in a baby dedication service for Cruz.  I thought about it a lot leading up to Mother's Day knowing that was the time most churches in the States have their services and it would have been the time we would have dedicated Cruz. I knew it was not the end of the world, but was something I was missing.  So, you can imagine my joy when we received an email from our company recently saying they were planning a baby dedication time during our mission meeting.  Tears filled my eyes because I felt God was providing something I was longing for.   

The dedication took place during the Sunday morning worship service.  During that service we sang some wonderful songs in English.  We heard testimonies in English.  We heard a message in English.  It was great!  Apart from not being at home, it was the next best thing. 

We did not know when during the service they were going to call us forward.  So when it came time to take up the Lottie Moon Christmas Offering, a tradition for us to all give during mission meeting,  David realized that we left my wallet in the room.  He slipped out to go get it as they were collecting.  Well, right after that they called for the families to come forward.  Cruz and I walked up and David was no where to be found.  What seemed like an eternity was only a few minutes.  During that time I was jokingly introduced as a single parent which was embarrassing yet funny at the same time.  I am thankful our friends took photos for me. 

Cruz entertained the crowd well while we waited for David.  He clapped, smiled, and just put on a show.  He can be a little ham when he wants to.



In the end we had a time of prayer.  It was a sweet moment for me and one that I am glad we got to experience.  When our family and home church cannot be there, we are so grateful to our mission family who always makes us feel loved and cared for.  God is good and He always provides.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry we, your church family, could not be there with yall but thankful you got the opportunity to do that! For the next one, we will do baby dedication anytime yall are home ha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet. Adam and I dedicated all three this past mother's day (ages 5-22 months). It was really special. Little Cruz is so big and precious. I wish we could have been there to do it together. Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regina, I'm just taking a look around your blog and this post is so cool. God does provide, doesn't He? He knows our hearts! I too had some sadness surrounding baby dedication as our families wouldn't be there living far away (although not as far as Guatemala). God provided wonderful friends and just a wonderful celebration as we dedicated our little guy to Him. I am so glad you had such a neat experience. Kelly

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails