Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Jackson Zoo

I couldn't wait to take Cruz to our local zoo.  I made many trips there as a child, and have some fond memories of it.  I look forward to a few more trips there with him over the years.  I love zoo's and always enjoy it when we get to visit one.  We went on a Monday morning and arrived when they opened.  For a while we were the only ones there.  It was nice to have the whole park to ourselves.  It was quiet and peaceful. 
Cruz, my mama, me, my daddy, and my Aunt Nita (David was with us also)


Cruz at the park entrance

The weather was beautiful!  It was a cool, breezy morning and perfect to be out walking around.

We had a coffee break and I enjoyed some cotton candy.


No trip to the zoo would be complete without a ride on the train.   
I enjoyed getting to experience this with Cruz
We finished up around lunch time and headed to Cheddar's to eat.  Afterwards we indulged in some retail therapy before returning home.  It was a fun day for me to spend with my parents and for them to spend with Cruz.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I can't wait until we're able to take Lane to a zoo! How fun! Looks like you guys had a blast!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails