Thursday, October 7, 2010

There's No Place Like Porches

By the time we finally got to the house we are staying at on Tuesday night it was late.  We were ALL tired.  Just as we were about to give Cruz his bath we heard a knock at the door.  It was a few of our former youth ministry students- Nickey, Rickey, and Jackie.  We were very happy to see them.  They didn't stay too long but we made plans to visit again soon.  I was so tired I forgot to get a photo of them  (I must be tired when I don't take a picture, lol).

We all slept well that night.  Below is a photo of David and Cruz sleeping in on Wednesday morning.

Once we got up and dressed we headed to visit my parents.  We went by my Mom's work to see some of the people she works with. 
While there we saw Mrs. Cathye.  She has been very anxious to meet Cruz in person.  She is so talented and has made him so many cute things.  I am tickled that she got to hold him!
I had to take a photo of the kiss she gave him.

We then headed to my very favorite place to eat- Porches.  We made a list of all the places we wanted to eat at while home and Porches was first on my list.  I couldn't wait to get there!
My dad with Cruz (the shirt he has on was made by Mrs. Cathye)
My mom with Cruz
LUNCH!
I was looking forward to some fried oysters but they didn't have any that day, bummer!  Instead we had the tilapia with creole sauce.  It was a yummy replacement.
I also had squash casserole, fried green tomatos, brocolli and cheese soup, a roll, and then Porches famous bread pudding.  It was worth the trip home to get to eat there.  I hope to squeeze in one more visit before we leave.
Cruz with Mrs. Cil, the owner.  We LOVE her!

my parents with Cruz
They were swinging him in the porch swing and he loved it.

my family

David, Cruz, and I

I couldn't leave without a photo by the sign.  I will make this a traditional photo everytime we come home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails