Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Week 17

ABOUT THE BABY-
The baby should be about 5.1 inches from crown to rump and weigh about 4.9 ounces.  His/ her weight should have doubled in the last two weeks.   He/ she is about the size of your hand spread open wide.  Reactive listening has begun for the baby, and loud noises outside may actually cause the baby to startle.  Fat will begin to form on the baby this week and is important to the body's heat production and metabolism.  Fat is also forming on Mama, ha.  It is normal to have gained 5-10 pounds by this point in the pregnancy.  

HOW AM I FEELING?
We had a busy week of traveling, so my greatest symptom this past week has been fatigue.  It was more like complete exhaustion by the time we returned home!  I only got sick once and that was in the airport.  I was thankful it was not on the plane.  I experienced my second snow so far during the pregnancy.  It was nice, but not good for someone who is always cold.  This week I've enjoyed salads, grapes, cereal, pizza, cheese crackers, cold water, and lots of milk.  I have been experiencing the lower back pain that is common with pregnancy, but have also enjoyed the back rubs that I have been getting.  :-)   I feel soo blessed to be pregnant this year and it is the most wonderful gift we could have received.  We are already trying to imagine what next Christmas will be like having Baby White around!  Oh, we can't wait!!

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails