Monday, October 13, 2008

Sharing about our work

Yesterday we had our first speaking engagements to share about our work with the K'ekchi'. We were a little nervous because we had not done it before. We wanted to paint a good overall picture of our ministry but it is almost impossible in a short amount of time. There's just too much to share.


Sunday morning we were at Shady Grove Baptist Church in Hazlehurst, MS. My mama and several family members attend there. I had a large crowd of family come to hear us and support us. That made us feel good. Afterwards all of my family met at a local buffet restaurant and had lunch together. It was nice to see everyone.

This is Bro. Jason. He is the pastor there. He has been really good about emailing us and letting us know that he and the church were praying for us. It was great to finally meet him in person.

I wore my typical K'ekchi' clothing to both services. Here is a photo of me talking about the blouses they wear. Many of the ladies commented on how much they liked it.

Me and my mom

Sunday night we were at Bethel Baptist Church in Hazlehurst. Many of the people there I knew from growing up in Hazlehurst but have not seen in years. It was great to catch up with them. We had a great time of sharing there. The people asked several good questions about our work and of course we loved answering them. After the service they planned a finger food fellowship for us which was a surprise but we enjoyed so much. It was a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails