Thursday, October 30, 2008

Saying Goodbye

We have spent the last few days saying goodbye to all of our family. We will be flying out of Jackson at 5:40 A.M. in the morning (Friday). We hope to make a connection flight in Atlanta and be back in Guatemala City by lunch time. We have had a WONDERFUL time at home. It has truly been like a vacation. But, at the same time we are eager to return to Guatemala and get back to work. We have joked that there are few people who can end a vacation and say they are eager to get back to work but we do love our job.
Of all the places we have to eat we chose to eat our last lunch at our local Mexican Restaurant, imagine that. We then visited a popular place in our town- the Dairy Freeze. They have the best ice cream around.

Please pray for our travels tomorrow. Once we land in Guatemala City we will be driving 4 hours to our home in Coban. It will be a LONG day of travel. We will update you again once we get there and settled in.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoyed getting to see and talk to you while you were home. I know today must be hard on both of you as you leave your friends and family. But, then I know you are excited about going home to your new family. My prayers are with you and I know that God is where you are. I love you. Pat F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I am crying again. Every time I read your blog, I tear up. Sure was good seeing you. I just wish I could have longer with you. I will be praying for you daily. I will keep in touch. Love ya, Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails