Thursday, September 11, 2008

Fotos y Flores

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. Isaiah 40:8
We have been pretty consumed the last few days working on a power point presentation and slide show for when we go home next month. I had no idea how difficult it would be but I wasn't thinking about the thousands of photos we have taken here and having to look through each of them. Where do you begin to put something together to share??? We have seen and done so much! We do look forward to personally being able to share about our work and the K'ekchi' people with those back home.

There is so much that we love about Guatemala. One of those things is the flowers. There are some really pretty flowers here, year round. I mentioned in the past in one of our newsletters about the flower ladies that come by every week and sell fresh cut flowers. They still come from time to time. It is a nice treat to have them in the house. It really brightens the place up (not that we need it to be brightened much more- it is SO colorful already). Here is a past photo of Regina with Adela and Paulina.

Earlier today we had a lady come to the gate selling potted plants. I am a softy when it comes to people coming by to sell things. They don't come very often and that is good. I find it hard to say no because I just want to help them. I will usually buy whatever they are selling because most of the time it's fairly cheap (at least to us). She did have some pretty plants though so I bought three of these:

Sergio is coming in the morning so I will get him to plant them in the yard. It will be fun to see if and how much they grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Related Posts with Thumbnails